Sunday, August 7, 2011

Equal Opportunity Blog Stalking

     When I first started "blog hopping," I would often stumble upon a blog written by a 3rd or 4th grade teacher and think, "Nothing for me to see here" and move on to a K-1 blog.  Somewhere along the way, I stopped and poked around one and realized the errors of my ways.  Good teaching is good teaching is good teaching.  Ideas, activities and cute lessons can really fit (or be adapted to) many different grade levels and I have found some great ones on some Upper Elementary blogs.  So I am now an equal opportunity blog stalker (and I have the late nights and tired eyes to prove it!) A couple of my favorites are Oh Boy! Fourth Grade (Farley does amazing things with graphics and has a very witty "voice" that makes me chuckle) and Create*Teach*Share (Rebecca is very crafty and has great ideas for all grade levels) - check them out!
     Today's crafty inspiration came from Rebecca at Create*Teach*Share. She made the cutest storage unit with tons of little drawers to organize paperclips, rubber bands, etc.  and when I saw it I knew that I absolutely had to make one for my desk area.  (The OCD in me was doing backflips of joy!) So I headed to Lowes, picked up one of the Stack-On organizers, got out my glue gun and got to work.  A big thank you to Rebecca because my new, adorned organizer is now my favorite teacher toy.  Ever.

13 comments:

  1. That turned out super cute:)) Now I want one:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that on her blog and thought it was a great idea too! I pinned it, planning on going back to make it. Yours turned out fabulous!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!! It looks so amazing!! So glad you made it!!

    ♥Rebecca
    Create●Teach●Share
    Create●Share●Inspire

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is too cute! How did you paste the fronts on? I am just wondering how to do that party...I think Rebecca used self adhesive tape..did you do the same? I actually just bought something like this at the Container Store & later on that night Rebecca posted it. I was going to use it for my alpha stamps but I changed my mind. Now I have to do one of these...I have to match it with my peace theme of course..now I just have to find the time.
    Peace, Mel D
    Oh the Places We’ll Go

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used duct tape to do mine. Works really well and easy!

      Delete
  5. I pinned it BTW...& I have almost 700 followers..it's going to be all over Pinterest by tomorrow :o)
    Mel D
    Oh the Places We’ll Go

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! I brought it to school today and my whole team wants one. I'm thinking they might be really cute Christmas presents! Mel - I used little scrapbooking glue dots to put in the labels, they seem to be holding pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just made mine.....I love it!! Instead of using all flowers, I alternated between flowers and bees (my theme). it looks amazing!!! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. BG-beginner home decorNovember 22, 2011 at 6:35 PM

    This is very! cute! I love the idea. Just like you, it calls to the OCD in me. :) my computer desk area is going to be peace themed, I think this will be a great addition. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for putting the brand name of the organizer in your post. I spent a hour in Lowe's today looking for this. I looked at your post and then went to Lowe's website, typed in Stack On and found it. Now I can just go pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What font did you use for this?

    ReplyDelete
  11. จีคลับ Online gambling sites that provide good bets are played to be liked. Make a good profit every area. Gamblers play this way. Gamblers will like it. I want to make good money like this. Make every single bet with a unique gambler. Who wants to make good money like this? Gamblers play every day. Very good profit.

    In addition, it is interesting. Nutritious properties help kidney. The liver and kidney. Diuretic Can be cooked in several menus together. Pitcher is a type of carbohydrate. The juice is so concentrated. It contains essential amino acids for brain function and hormone melatonin. Warm millet helps to sleep. The effect of blood circulation on the skin better. Hair growth good.

    Have fun every day, make all the bets with easy gambling. To play all areas. There are many fun betting games to play with. Make great profits with every gambler. I like to play gambling. There are good betting games every day. Enjoy Do gamers always play professionally. บาคาร่า

    ReplyDelete